Much has been said about the cons of raw milk.
According to the CDC
Contamination of raw milk may occur from:
- Cow feces in contact with the milk
- Infection in cows
- Cow diseases
- Bacteria that live on the skin of cows
- Insects, rodents, and other animals
- Cross-contamination from soiled clothing and boots
Yet in a 10 year period (1998 – 2008) the CDC followed this, they claimed 2 people died from the consumption of raw milk products.
How many people have gotten sick, and some died, from ecoli contamination in supposed safe food sources?
I live in Pennsylvania where raw milk is legal. I have, along with thousands of other consumed raw milk and raw milk products for years. I have had nothing but positive health benefits.
Raw milk is a living food
- Pasture raised animals.
- Good for your gastrointestinal tract.
- Includes 60 digestive enzymes, growth factors, and antibodies.
- Rich in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), google this one!
- Rich in good fats, amino acids, and proteins in a highly digestible form.
- Loaded with vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K and a blend of minerals (calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron) whose absorption is enhanced by live lactobacilli (Who needs ACTIVIA) .
Pasteurized Milk is a dead food
- Cows are raised on high-protein, soy-based feeds.
- Stand in feed lots in their own manure.
- Cows are breed with abnormally large pituitary glands so that they produce more milk.
- Given antibiotics to keep them well.
- Pasteurization transforms the physical structure of the milk proteins. Making them hard to digest.
- Destroys the friendly bacteria found naturally in milk.
- Reduces the micro-nutrient and vitamin content.
- Encourages the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Converts lactose into beta-lactose. Beta-lactose is rapidly absorbed in the human body. This can spike insulin and give you the feeling of being hungry right away.
- When pasteurized milk is also homogenized, a substance known as xanthine oxidase is created. This compound can acts as a free radical in your body.
Take some time go online and explore yourself. Ultimately you have to be responsible for your own health and well-being.
Live well today,
Check out this video from Dr. Mercola and Mark McAfee